NGC and Employees Take Home Numerous Awards at ANA World’s Fair of Money
Numismatic Guaranty Corporation® (NGC®) is honored that its team members received 10 important accolades in August in recognition of their numismatic excellence.
SARASOTA, Fla. (August 18, 2021) — Numismatic Guaranty Corporation® (NGC®) is honored that its team members received 10 important accolades in August in recognition of their numismatic excellence.
Several of the awards were announced at the American Numismatic Association's prestigious World's Fair of Money convention, held in Chicago from August 10-14, 2021. These awards included:
- Heath Literary Award, First Place : NGC Research Director David W. Lange, for "Birth of the Blue Folder," The Numismatist, December 2020
- Wayte and Olga Raymond Memorial Literary Award, Third Place : NGC Registry Coordinator Matthew Campbell, "Ivah Coles' Carnegie Hero Medal," The Numismatist, March 2020
- Radford Stearns Memorial Exhibit Award, Third Place, Collector Exhibits, Class 4 : Matthew Campbell, "Rule, Britannia! Britannia's 350-year Reign on British Coins."
In addition, NGC Ancients Director David Vagi was selected for membership in the illustrious Rittenhouse Society. Vagi also received the ANA award for Numismatist of the Year at the World's Fair of Money on August 13. To learn more, click here .
"I am proud to see NGC's commitment to numismatic excellence reflected in these prominent awards," said Mark Salzberg, NGC Senior Grading Finalizer. "Our talented team of NGC employees has once again proven their unwavering dedication to promoting the coin collecting hobby."
Just before the World's Fair of Money, NGC and its employees were honored with five awards from the Numismatic Literary Guild (NLG) for providing engaging and educational content to the coin collecting community. These awards included:
- Best Specialized Books: Numismatic History or Personalities : David W. Lange, for Coin Collecting Albums: A Complete History & Catalog Volume 3 Whitman Publishing Company Folders & Albums 1940-1978
- Best Numismatic Column, US Coins (Modern) : David W. Lange, USA Coin Album
- Best Numismatic Column, Ancient Coins : David Vagi, NGC Ancients
- Best Numismatic Investment or Marketplace Column : Jeff Garrett, NGC Weekly Market Report
- Best Numismatic Social Media Platform or Coin Collector Forum : NGC Instagram ( @ngccoins )
To learn more about the NLG Awards, click here .
About Numismatic Guaranty Corporation® (NGC®)
NGC is the world’s largest and most trusted third-party grading service for coins, tokens and medals, with more than 50 million collectibles certified. Founded in 1987, NGC provides an accurate, consistent and impartial assessment of authenticity and grade. Every coin that NGC certifies is backed by the comprehensive NGC Guarantee of authenticity and grade, which gives buyers greater confidence. This results in higher prices realized and greater liquidity for NGC-certified coins. To learn more, visit NGCcoin.com .
© 2021 Numismatic Guaranty Corporation of America. All rights reserved .
NGC, NCS, PMG, CGC, CCS, CSG, ASG, CAG and CCG are the registered trademarks or unregistered trademarks of Numismatic Guaranty Corporation of America, and/or its related companies in the United States and/or other countries. All other names and marks referenced in this release are the trade names, trademarks, or service marks of their respective owners.
Download the Greysheet app for access to pricing, news, events and your subscriptions.
Subscribe to Monthly Greysheet for the industry's most respected pricing and to read more articles just like this.
Please sign in or register to leave a comment.
Your identity will be restricted to first name/last initial, or a user ID you create.